Common Vein Disorders FAQ | El Paso TX
What are the common vein disorders?
Vein disorders are conditions that damage your veins. Veins are those vessels in the body that transfer blood back to the heart after your body has used oxygen in the blood.
What types of vein disorders are common?
Vein disorders are also known as venous disorders. The common types of venous disorders include:
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Superficial venous thrombosis (phlebitis)
- Varicose veins
- Spider veins
Are there symptoms of vein disorders?
Yes. There are several typical symptoms, including:
- Visible vein changes in form of red, blue or purple vein networks that appear on your leg, abdomen, and face.
- Restless leg syndrome- Nighttime leg discomfort such as leg cramping and involuntary leg movement during sleep
- Pain and fatigue in the legs characterized by burning, itching, and swelling of legs
- Itching or burning sensation on the skin around affected veins
- Venous ulcers and open sores
How can I treat my vein disorder?
The key to dealing with vein disorders is to have your vein issue evaluated by a vein physician before complications such as blood clotting develop. By visiting a top-rated vein specialist near you, you can discover the best options for treatment options available for your condition. The doctor will perform a physical exam along with other diagnostic and lab tests to determine the cause of your vein issues. In order to help you overcome venous disorders, the doctor may recommend compression stockings, medications, and healthy lifestyle changes.
If you think you may have a venous disorder, please contact your vein surgeon in El Paso TX to schedule a consultation and begin treatment.