Spider Vein Specialist Near Me, El Paso TX 79902
Spider veins affect both men and women and tend to appear on your legs, ankles, face, neck, and other parts of the body. They appear as a tiny, blue, red, or purple web-like network of blood vessels that occasionally cause aching and itching. Visiting a spider vein specialist near you can help you determine the best treatment options for removal and relief.
Spider veins can be prevented by ensuring proper blood flow at all times. Some common causes of blood flow problems include:
- Pregnancy – In addition to the changes in hormone levels, a bulging womb and posture problems can cause poor blood circulation, which in turn leads to the formation of spider veins.
- Jobs or lifestyle choices that require you to stand up or remain seated for long periods of time often cause increased pressure in the vein walls, leading to the formation of spider veins
- Weight gain due to increased resistance to blood flow up your legs
- Chronic constipation
- Excess sun exposure
- Wearing tight clothing or high-heeled shoes
- Using birth control pills and specific medications
Ways to Prevent Spider Veins
Most cases of spider veins can be successfully treated with minimally invasive treatments like laser vein removal or sclerotherapy. In some cases, surgery may be necessary. Regardless of the mode of treatment used, it’s important that you also adjust your lifestyle choices to prevent other spider veins from forming. Some options include:
- Proper nutrition – to manage weight gain
- Exercises – if you spend a lot of time sitting down
- Wearing compression stockings – to encourage proper blood flow
- Resting with your feet elevated – to facilitate blood flow in your legs
Schedule Your Consultation
If you develop spider veins on your face, legs, or other part of your body, which cause aching and itching, or just make you feel embarrassed due to the appearance of colored network of blood vessels on the surface of your skin, you should consult a vein specialist in El Paso to provide a safe and effective way to reduce their appearance.