Varicose Vein Solutions Near Me, El Paso TX 79902
When suffering from a venous disorder, you need to find the best varicose vein solutions near you. Your vein specialist in El Paso focuses solely on the diagnosis and treatment of problems related to the veins. These professionals have undergone extra training and obtained certification to perform advanced vein procedures such as sclerotherapy, phlebectomy, ultrasound-guided ablation, and wound care, among others, to help you get rid of the unsightly bulging veins and restore the aesthetics of your skin.
There are several treatments for visible veins to help restore your confidence, including:
- Applying ice – Ice helps to constrict any dilated blood vessels due to heat. Simply apply an ice pack to help dissipate heat. This will also help to ease any discomfort and reduce the swelling.
- Use of anti-inflammatory medications – Swelling and inflammation are some of the symptoms of varicose veins. Your doctor can give you an anti-inflammatory prescription to manage these symptoms and the visible veins as well.
- Exercise – Your blood vessels may dilate due to problems associated with sending blood back to the heart. Building your muscles can help to increase pressure to aid in this process and prevent the dilation.
- Compression stockings – These stockings apply pressure on protruding veins and encourage blood flow
- Reduce your body weight – Increased body weight can exert a lot of pressure on your legs and feet, making it harder for blood to flow upwards against gravity. Shedding weight can help to manage any obesity-related varicose veins
You may also seek in-office treatments for more drastic results, such as:
Sclerotherapy is mostly used to treat spider veins in the legs. During the procedure, a sclerosing agent is injected into the spider vein, causing the walls of the veins to inflame, collapse, and scar. Once the veins close, blood is forcefully redirected to healthier veins. The procedure can be done on an outpatient basis, though you may need subsequent injections as it takes a few weeks for the treated veins to fade.
Laser therapy is mostly used to treat facial veins. The doctor uses a laser to heat the veins through the skin to damage the vein walls and cause them to collapse and form a scar shut. There are no needles or incisions involved. It takes a few months for the blood vessels to fade away, though they may not vanish completely.
Schedule Your Consultation
Most vein centers use a combination of techniques to provide long-term relief from venous disorders and to keep them from appearing again. Please visit your vein specialist in El Paso, TX for personalized varicose vein solutions for your venous disorder.