Vein Disorders: What You Need to Know | El Paso TX
It may have started as a slight pain in your leg or swelling. With further investigation, you notice the veins in your leg look different than they did a few weeks ago. This could be a sign of varicose or spider veins. For most patients, vein disorders are easily treated with minimally invasive procedures because they quickly consulted with their vein specialist in El Paso TX. So how do you know if you should see a vein specialist in order to determine the cause of your leg pain?
Vein disorders are conditions that damage your veins. Veins are those vessels in the body that transfer blood back to the heart after your body has used oxygen in the blood.
Vein disorders are also known as venous disorders. The common types of venous disorders include:
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Superficial venous thrombosis (phlebitis)
- Varicose veins
- Spider veins
Common symptoms of vein disorders include:
- Visible vein changes in form of red, blue, or purple vein networks that appear on your leg, abdomen, and face.
- Restless leg syndrome- Nighttime leg discomfort such as leg cramping and involuntary leg movement during sleep
- Pain and fatigue in the legs characterized by burning, itching, and swelling of legs
- Itching or burning sensation on the skin around affected veins
- Venous ulcers and open sores
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you are wanting to find out if the symptoms you are experiencing are signs of a vein disorder, contact your vein surgeon in El Paso to schedule your consultation today. We look forward to helping you with all your vein needs.