Is Vein Removal Treatment Right for You? | El Paso TX
Experiencing significant leg pain can interfere with your everyday activities and keep you from doing the things you love. For some, their leg pain is caused by varicose or spider veins. These conditions are not only unsightly in their appearance but can also be a serious disorder requiring removal. To best understand your condition, it is critical to consult with a vein specialist to determine if vein removal treatment is right for you.
Symptoms of Vein Disease
If untreated, vein disease can lead to increased symptoms and worsening appearances. Common symptoms include:
- Swelling (edema) – The early symptoms of vein disease are not always painful but as the disease progresses, you may experience discomfort. General discomfort can manifest through the itchy skin, cramping in the legs or swelling. Some people experience aching, restless leg syndrome or legs that begin cramping after long periods of inactivity.
- Skin changes – Skin changes occur around the ankles, the knees, and the leg. Brown discoloration appears when the venous disease has reached an advanced stage. This occurs as a result of blood leaking from the blood vessels and into the skin.
- Venous Leg Ulcers – A venous disease that has reached an advanced stage can manifest in leg ulcers. When blood leaks into the tissue of the skin, it can cause swelling and eventual damage to the tissue. Tissue rupture leads to ulcers or wounds that are painful and itchy. Leg ulcers can have a significant impact on the quality of your life.
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis – This is a condition that results in inflammation of veins just beneath the surface of the skin. Patients with this condition normally experience tenderness of the vein, swelling of legs and redness of the skin.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – A serious condition that results in a pulling sensation, stemming from a blood clot in the veins. If the blood clot travels up the body, the condition could be life-threatening.
To learn more about the symptoms of vein disorder and how your El Paso vein specialist can help relieve your pain, please contact our office today. We look forward to helping you better understand your condition and help you find the relief you deserve.