If you develop spider veins on your face, legs, or other part of your body, which cause aching and itching, or just make you feel embarrassed about the appearance of tiny, blue, red, or purple web-like lines of blood vessels on the surface of your skin, then Dr. Atur Kasha of Vein Center in El Paso can provide a safe and effective way to reduce their appearance.
Causes of spider veins
Spider veins are hereditary, though they can also appear during pregnancy or following prolonged standing or sitting:
- If the older women in your family have spider veins, then it's likely that you'll also develop them.
- Hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, coupled with a bulging womb and posture problems often cause poor blood circulation, which in turn leads to the formation of spider veins.
- Jobs or lifestyle choices that require you to stand up or remain seated for long periods of time often cause increased pressure in the vein walls, leading to the formation of spider veins.
Spider veins can also appear due to weight gain, chronic constipation, excess sun exposure, wearing tight clothing or high-heeled shoes, and using birth control pills and specific medications.
Depending on your specific case, Dr. Atur Kasha may recommend one of the following treatments for spider veins:
- Laser vein removal - Dr. Atur will use a laser to shrink the troublesome veins to make them collapse and reduce their appearance
- Sclerotherapy - Dr. Atur will inject a sclerosing solution into the spider veins to induce clotting. Once blood is redirected, the collapsed vein hardens and begins to disappear.
- Surgery - Large troublesome veins may be surgically removed
In some cases, natural home treatments, such as herbs and creams may be applied to the affected area to reduce the appearance of the blood vessels, though they may not deliver satisfactory results on their own.
Visit the Vein Center in El Paso Today
Dr. Atur Kasha will help you to identify the ideal spider veins treatment to get rid of unsightly blood vessels on the surface of your skin and restore a healthier, more youthful look to your face, legs, and other treated area.